Tabula Smaragdina er en antikk hermetisk tekst som skal være skrevet av Hermes Trismegistus en egypter som skal være identifisert med den egyptiske guden Thoth og/eller den greske guden Hermes. Teksten skal være en slags oppskrift på fremstilling av De vises stein og skal ha hatt stor betydning for Alkymien.
- 1. Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
- 2. That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing.
- 3. And as all things have been & arose from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
- 4. The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
- 5. The wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse.
- 6. The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
- 7. Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
- 7a. Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
- 8. It ascends from the earth to the heaven & again it desends to the earth and receives the force of things superior & inferior.
- 9. By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world & thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
- 10. Its force is above all force, for it vanquishes every subtle thing & penetrates every solid thing.
- 11a. So was the world created.
- 12. From this are & do come admirable adaptations where of the means (or process) is here in this.
- 13. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.
- 14. That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.
- Holmyard, E.J. "The Emerald Table" Nature, No. 2814, Vol. 112, October 6th 1923, pp 525-6.
- Holmyard, E.J. Alchemy, Pelican, Harmondsworth, 1957. pp95-8.
- Needham, J. Science and Civilisation in China, vol. 5, part 4: Spagyrical discovery and invention: Apparatus, Theories and gifts. CUP, 1980.
- Ruska, Julius. Die Alchimie ar-Razi's. n.p., 1935.
- Ruska, Julius. Quelques problemes de litterature alchimiste. n.p., 1931.
- Stapleton, H.E., Lewis, G.L, Sherwood Taylor, F. "The sayings of Hermes quoted in the Ma Al-Waraqi of Ibn Umail. " Ambix, vol. 3, 1949, pp 69-90.
- M.Robinson. "The History and Myths surrounding Johannes Hispalensis," in Bulletin of Hispanic Studies vol. 80, no. 4, October 2003, pp. 443-470, abstract.
- Tabula Smaragdina
- Historical overview of the tablet
- Various translations of the tablet
- Emerald Tablet - an introduction to Hermetic philosophy
- Sir Isaac Newton's translation of The Emerald Tablet with analysis and contemporary commentary
- The Emerald Tablet Part I, II & III - Influence on "The Secret" and "The Law of Attraction"
- The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus Ed. Vladimir Antonov.